* No classes met on Monday, April 15 for Patriot’s Day and Mid-Spring holiday. Students were able to go on off-campus trips during the long weekend. The Student Activities Board hosted a Loop Trip on Saturday, April 13 and a Newburyport Day Trip on Monday, April 15. Other student activities over the three-day weekend included movie showings of Black Panther on Friday, April 12 and Avengers: Infinity War on Saturday.
* The submission deadline for the Phillips Academy Prize Competition in English, hosted by the English Department, was this Friday, April 19. Students could submit writings for categories such as essays, short stories, and original poems.
* The deadline for spring Abbot Grant proposals is on Monday, April 22. The Abbot Academy Fund provides initial funding for both small and large projects in accordance with the ideals of Abbot Academy and the needs of Andover.
* Anton Musgrave will give a presentation inviting participants to reimagine the future state of the globe next Friday, April 26 at 7:00 p.m. in Davis Hall. Musgrave is a futurist and Senior Partner at FutureWorld International. The event will be free and open to the public.
* The English Department will host a poetry reading by Martin Espada on Friday, April 26 at 7:00 p.m. in Kemper Auditorium. Espada was the first Latino poet to win the Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize in 2018 for Lifetime Achievement and has published nearly twenty books. Espada is currently a professor of English at University of Massachusetts Amherst.