**Meet Seth Moulton:**
– Graduated from Harvard College in 2001 with a Bachelor’s in Physics.
– Joined the Marine Corps and served four tours of duty in Iraq over a five-year period after leaving Harvard.
– Received the Bronze Star Medal for valor and the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for valor.
– Received an MPA from the John F. Kennedy School of Government and an MBA from Harvard Business School before pursuing public service.
– Spent a year in Texas as the Managing Director of Texas Central Railway, which is a company building a high-speed rail line between Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston.
– Returned to Massachusetts to start a health-care company, Eastern Healthcare Partners, with a classmate from Harvard Business School.
– Defeated 18-year Congressman John F. Tierney in the September Democratic Primary.
Lives in Salem, Mass, where he serves on the Board of the Salem YMCA
_Karina Keus contributed reporting._
**Meet Richard Tisei:**
– Earned his Bachelor’s Degree from American University in Washington, D.C., in 1984, becoming the first person in his family to graduate from college.
– First elected to the Massachusetts State House of Representatives in 1984, becoming the youngest Republican ever to be elected to Massachusetts State Congress.
Elected to the Massachusetts State Senate in 1990.
– Became the Senate Minority Leader in 2006, according to his campaign website.
– Came out as gay in 2009 when he was 47 years old. At the time, he was being considered as the GOP’s nominee for lieutenant governor, according to “Slate Magazine.”
– Owns a small business with Bernie Starr. The couple was married in 2013.
– Northrup Associates, the real estate firm, is based in Lynnfield, Mass.
– If elected, Tisei will be the first openly gay Republican member of Congress, according to “ABC News.”
_Lucius Xuan contributed reporting._
**Where do they stand?**
_Issues Summary for Massachusetts’ Sixth District Congressional Elections_
| **Moulton:** | **Moulton and Tisei:** | **Tisei:** |
– Improve public education
– Eliminate payroll tax cap to fund Social Security
– Convert MBTA to electric trains
– No American troops against ISIS
– Rights of Veterans
– Repeal Medical Device Tax
– Fund Scientific Research
– LGBTQ rights
– Repeal Independent Payment Review Board of Affordable Care Act
– Lower US corporate tax rate
– Lower debt
_Rhaime Kim and Frank Geng contributed reporting_