• Chinese-622 performed their class production “Chinglish” by David Henry Hwang on February 15 and February 16, which lasted from 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. in the Theater Classroom. “Chinglish” was a comedic play about an American businessman trying to establish a business in China.
• A new exhibition “In and Out of Place” opened on Friday, February 16 at the Addison Gallery of American Art. The exhibition explores individual and subjective notions of place, and the Addison is open to the public with free admission. The exhibition will close on July 31.
• On Monday, February 18, the pairs running for Co-President had a moderated debate at 6:30 p.m. in the Mural Room at Paresky Commons. The pairs were Shahinda Bahnasy ’20 and Sebastian Romero ’20; Ashleigh Cohan ’20 and Layomi Oloritun ’20; Bella Di Benedetto ’20 and Harry Kahane ’20; and Peter Ling ’20 and Ianna Ramdhany ’20.
• Registration for AP exams began on Monday, February 4. The exams will take place from May 6 to May 17. Students who wish to take an exam should fill out a registration form in the Dean of Studies Office by March 1 to avoid late fees. The cost per exam is 94 dollars, and refunds will be given for cancellations until April 10.
• Celine Parreñas Shimizu, award-winning filmmaker, will speak about power, inequality, transnationalism, and sexuality in Kemper Auditorium from 7:00 to 8:30 pm on Friday, February 22. Shimizu is a professor at the School of Cinema at San Francisco State University and has created works such as “The Fact of Asian Women, Mahal Means Love and Expensive, and Birthright.”
• The play “She Kills Monsters” by Qui Nguyen mixes self-discovery, family, and grief into an adventure shown through a Dungeons and Dragons world. Performances are on February 22 at 6:30 p.m., February 23 at 7:30 p.m., and February 24 at 1:00 p.m. in the Tang Theater.
• Once the OWHL books have been moved out of the Smith Center, the center will be prepared for demolition to make room for the upcoming Pan Athletic Center. The OWHL renovation is still on course for completion by September.