Andover bears a rich history, especially when it comes to issues pertaining to LGBTQ issues within the community. For much of Andover’s history, LGBTQ issues were rarely a topic of discussion. However, this silence was broken in the late 1980s when a handful of courageous students and faculty members brought a new level of importance to the issue of homophobia at Andover. Andover bears a rich history, especially when it comes to issues pertaining to LGBTQ issues within the community.
* * *
Below is an interactive article layout with overlayed links to each individual article.
If the overlays are not showing up on your device, you can also navigate using the links at the bottom of the page.
* * *
– [LGBTQ at Andover: Timeline](http://www.phillipian.net/articles/2013/04/05/lgbtq-andover-timeline)
– [Question and Answer Session with Agustin McCarthy ’87](http://www.phillipian.net/articles/2013/04/05/question-and-answer-session-agustin-mccarthy-8)
– [Surveyed Students Express General Support for Gay Marraige](http://www.phillipian.net/articles/2013/04/05/surveyed-students-express-general-support-gay-marraige)
– [Addison Gallery Feature: Spring Exhibition to Honor Gay Alumnus, Activist and Writer](http://www.phillipian.net/articles/2013/04/05/addison-gallery-feature-spring-exhibition-honor-gay-alumnus-activist-and-writer)
– [Three Alumni to Start LGBT Alumni Commitee and Support Network](http://www.phillipian.net/articles/2013/04/05/three-alumni-start-lgbt-alumni-commitee-and-support-network)