- New and returning students attended their first full week of classes for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- On September 4, Dan Koh ’03 lost the Democratic primary election in Massachusetts’ 3rd Congressional District to Lori Trahan by 122 votes. A recount ordered by the Massachusetts Secretary of State is ongoing.
- The Brace Center for Gender Studies hosted an open house on Tuesday, September 11. The event was held at the Brace Center’s study space on Old Abbot Campus.
- The window for submitting an Abbot Grant Proposal opened this week. According to a post on PAnet, Abbot Grants facilitate action on ideas that seek to improve or enrich all facets of life at Andover through financial assistance from the Abbot Academy Fund. Students and faculty may submit proposals until October 15.
- To remember those affected by the events of September 11, 2001, Andover made available black ribbons for wear and displayed the names of those who died in the tragedy. In addition, Reverend Anne Gardner, Director of Spiritual and Religious Life, led a community-wide tolling of the bells.
- On Friday, the Addison Gallery of American Art will hold a Fall Opening Reception from 6 p.m to 8 p.m. The event is open to the Andover community and to the public.