Last Sunday, The Phillipian staff celebrated the board turnover and bode a generally fond farewell to departing Editors with a banquet held in the Mural Room in Paresky Commons. where the new editors made speeches about and gave gifts to the old ones.
– Charlie tried on the Reagan/Bush ’84 tank top we bought him.
– Lemon squares were pretty good.
– Not actually a banquet.
– “Semi-formal-ish” dress code notoriously confusing
– Ironically, Connor was not there to accept his parting a gift from us: a book on absentee parenting.
– Lots of loud emotional speeches. Couldn’t hear myself think.
– Had to miss Sunday Sundaes.